"To preserve the reputation of the Fraternity unsullied must be your constant care."

BE A FREEMASON

Sunday, December 28, 2008

"Journal of The Masonic Society" Issue #2 Coming Soon

Now that the holidays and some final personal issues from the unloading of my business are over (officially turned in my plunger in November, but it's been haunting me), Issue #2 of The Journal of The Masonic Society is in the final stages of assembly.

Articles include:

• Alpha Males: Trevor Stewart at Alpha Lodge, New Jersey by Jay Hochberg
• Cleaning the Temple by Mark A. Tabbert
• Defining Esotericism from a Masonic Perspective by Shawn Eyer
• On Brotherhood by Robert Wolfarth
• First Degree Masonic Tracing Board: art and text by Greg Stewart
• There's A Hole In Our Bucket, Dear Hiram, Dear Hiram by Stephen Dafoe
Photos by Ted Bastien

...and much, much more.

For more information on The Masonic Society, visit the Society's website at www.themasonicsociety.com

3 comments:

  1. I have currently produced a video for my lodge (James K Polk #759), and I would like to share it with others.

    http://www.episodexistudios.com/samples.html

    The video also plays on our lodge website at:

    http://www.jkpolk.com

    Fraternally,

    Randy Davis 32º

    ReplyDelete
  2. WB Chris,
    Thank you for writing "Freemasons for Dummies"! My son-in-law is considering petitioning for membership, and a Brother referred him to your book. He found answers to many of his questions there, and when I visited him over the Christmas holiday he shared the book with me. Your book has re-awakened a dormant desire to work in the light of Masonry. I was initiated, passed and raised in 1980 in a lodge in the Philippines, and have not attended since I left that country in 1984. Your humor and matter-of-fact writing style are refreshing, and I read the book from cover to cover over a three-day period. I will be odering my own copy soon, and will be writing to the Secretary of my Mother Lodge to find out how to be brought back into good standing, so I can visit local lodges in Arizona, and possibly affiliate with them in the near future.

    Thanks again for the wake-up call!

    Byron M Nash
    Union Lodge #70
    Grand Lodge of the Philippines
    (sojourning in Mesa, Arizona)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randy,

    That's a great video, EXCEPT that while most hindus would not call themselves "hindu" except perhaps in the Western world, the title "hinduist" is not really a term and one some hindus would find kind of offensive. (In the middle of a conversation about diversity and tolerance.) Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete

ATTENTION!
SIGN YOUR NAME OR OTHERWISE IDENTIFY YOURSELF IN YOUR COMMENT POSTS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A GOOGLE ACCOUNT.
Your comments will not appear immediately because I am forced to laboriously screen every post. I'm constantly bombarded with spam. Depending on the comments being made, anonymous postings on Masonic topics may be regarded with the same status as cowans and eavesdroppers, as far as I am concerned. If you post with an unknown or anonymous account, do not automatically expect to see your comment appear.